JOHN: I dont have an hectare of land much less own a property that I can plant cacao seedlings.
MR. CACAO: Dont worry, John. Nothing will stop your dream of becoming a cacao grower without vast lands. Look what I did. I planted a grafted cacao seedling in a pot and allowed it to grow at our veranda at home. It now has sprouted a cherel!
Aside from that, these cacao seedlings can also bring in more oxygen in your home. They are pretty ornamental plants as well. Just make sure to give them enough sunshine and water! After 15 months you will be able to harvest from your potted gold!
Oh one more thing. Don’t worry that growing cacao at home will just attract mosquitoes okay? Did you know that the fallen cacao leaves can be a great ingredient for your DIY mosquito-repellant? Let me share the steps, John.
1. Boil cacao leaves on a shallow pan for 20 minutes. Separate the juice and leaves. Set aside
2. Finely chop the garlic and add the cacao juice. Set aside
3. Mix the essential oil together and pour onto the prepared juice.
4. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes to incorporate well.
5. Using funnel, pour over the liquid into a sprayer. Let it cool completely before using your natural insect repellant.
Be part of the largest cacao association by logging on through this link: http://plantaciondesikwate.com/individual-membership/ to avail of rewards & discounts when you purchase grafted seedlings.
Be a member and receive the following perks:
1) Planting materials are given at discounted rates
2) Seminars allotted for a limited audience shall be given first to members
3) Filipino Aromatico seedlings that grow till harvest shall be prioritized to Market Security for sales.
4) Cacao beans produced with Filipino Aromatico quality are bought by PDS for use of PDS artisanal chocolate pool of chefs (local/international)
5) Should member request a one in one seminar on PROTOCOLS regarding Planting Chocolate Bar Making, member shall be given a discount and priority on schedule for an exclusive gathering.
6) if member decides to make their own business, they shall be marketed to local/international pool of buyers affiliated with PDS.